Sometimes you can do all the right things and still struggle.
A great example of this is Jason, a past client. Jason is a skinny dude, he’s been this way for a long time too. Now, maybe some of you are rolling your eyes at this, but he’d be lifting heavy weights and stuffing himself for years and no matter what he did, he couldn’t seem to put on any mass.
In his first email to me, Jason said,
“I don’t think I should have to force feed myself to look normal/average.”
Whether or not you can relate to his specific struggle isn’t that important. Maybe your struggle is losing stubborn body fat or maybe it’s breaking through some performance plateau. Whatever the case, we can all relate to the frustration of working very hard at something and experiencing little to no progress. This is what Jason was feeling.
After a short call with him and taking time to analyze his responses to our detailed client questionnaire, I decided to run some lab work on his hormones and his gut.
The biggest finding from these tests was the presence of a fungal overgrowth in his gut. I believed this was impairing his ability to absorb the nutrients he was eating on a daily basis.
So, Jason went through a course of supplementation to eliminate the overgrowth (some fungi in the gut is normal – we just don’t want it running rampant) and followed that up with some work to improve his gut’s ability to fight off this type of thing in the future – we didn’t want it coming back.
After a month or so, Jason started seeing the scale move in the right direction!
“Thanks a lot for your guidance on this. I don’t think it’s coincidence I’m seeing over 160 lbs for the first time in my life. I’m up to 163 now. :)”
This is just one example of how we use lab testing to help our clients. In addition to building muscle, we’ve also seen great success in those struggling with their energy levels, sleep and fat loss as well as those interested in performance gains.
Here’s what a couple other client’s have said about their experience working with us:
“It was nice to know that I wasn’t totally crazy and that there were things that I had been missing in my body that I could help to take control again. Now, I finally feel like my passion is back and I am happier and can think more clearly.” -M.H.
“My recovery from training has improved. I feel an increase in energy levels, and can perform better during training. Especially for competitive athletes, if you put yourself through intense training year round, then this should be one of your tools for physical maintenance to keep your body running well for the long haul.” -Pam E.
Pretty cool, right? It never gets old hearing feedback like that!
So, if you’ve tried all the normal diet and exercise things with little to no success, maybe it’s time to have a look under the hood with lab testing.
Here’s how it works:
- You fill out a detailed intake questionnaire that provides extensive information on your current training, nutrition, goals, medical history and lifestyle.
- We recommend a set of lab work and ship the test kits to you, with prepaid return shipping, (most of which) that you can easily perform in the privacy of your own home.
- Your samples are processed by the lab and the results are forwarded to us.
- Based on your intake data and the results from your testing, we make nutritional, exercise, lifestyle and / or supplementation recommendations for you to address the underlying cause(s) of your symptoms.
- We’ll meet for a one hour phone call or skype session to discuss the findings from your lab work and outline a path forward.
- You’ll go off and execute your protocol.
- About once a month you’ll hop on the phone or a skype call with us for a deeper dive into how you’re responding to your protocol.
We only take on a handful of clients that we’re confident we can help. If you’re ready to make the investment in yourself, to finally get the results you want, click the button below to schedule a free call and we can see if we’re a good fit to work with one another.
- Ongoing email support from your coach. If you have questions, we’re here to answer them 24/7.
- Access to the private Evidence Based Athlete client facebook community. This is a great source of inspiration, ideas and camaraderie.
This Program Is Not For You If:
- If you’re not self-motivated for a change or not willing to do the work.
- If you’re not willing to make changes to your diet, exercise program and lifestyle to correct the underlying issues exposed through your lab results.
- If you’re not willing to commit at least 3 months to the process. We only work with clients that have a long term perspective and are looking to make a lasting change with their health, fitness and nutrition.
So, if you’re interested in making a change. In finally dedicating yourself to what it takes to lose that extra fat, build muscle or increase your performance in the gym, we want to work with you. Click the button below to schedule your free call to get started.